Song: Fix You
"Fix You" is a song by English alternative rock band Coldplay. It was written by all four members of the band for their third album, X&Y. The track is built around an organ, that is accompanied by slow tempo drums, and a vocals. It was released on 5 September 2005 as the second single from X&Y and has reached number four in the United Kingdom Singles Chart... Source: Wikipedia
- It is good to note that this video links both the performance aspect and the narrative aspect together. This is commonly used in alternative/pop videos.
- The shots start off slow fitting to the pace of the song, this creates a sad and calm feeling.
- The darkness could signify looniness and depression. This could be linked to the lyrics through him following a light home. This could be the tunnel that he walks through early on, 'light at the end of the tunnel'.
- As the song starts to pick up pace so does the editing and shot pace, he also starts to run.
- The song ends when he reaches where he was heading, a gig or performance.
- With the whole video being shot a night, lighting was key. They used artificial light very well.
- Their is a range of shots throughout the video.