Thursday 22 September 2011

Coursework task 'Pitch'

During the planning of my Music Video pitch I have had to take many things into account. 
  • Which band/s I shall be putting forward. 
  • What genre they are. 
  • An overview of who they are and what they have achieved. 
  • Codes and conventions of the genre I have selected.
  • Run through ideas for the vid.
  • Who would be the target audience. 
  • What resources would I need. 
At the moment I am currently stuck between two bands:
  1. The Swing Movement - Keep It Red
  2. Elvis Presley - A Little Less Conversation
Rough ideas:
The Swing Movement: They are a four piece indie/alternative band from Bradford. The bass player of the band is my brother, Joe Gamble, which means I can easily get band footage of them playing. This makes it a lot easier to achieve my idea. I would want a mix of narrative and live performances of the them. 
Elvis Presley: Elvis is one of the most popular American singers of the 20th century. The video I plan on using has already been used for an advert before, I would take this idea and play around with it. I would get a range of footage of people playing football, a lot of different shots. I am yet to think of something else to go with this idea, but hopefully something good will be with it, hopefully a live performance of my friend playing Elvis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please ensure that any comments are relevant to the information or post on my blog.